Getting Started with Hypothes.is
1. Here are step-by-step instructions for setting up Hypothesis for our course.
We will be using a tool that lets you write your comments directly on our course assignments and syllabus. Your comments will be private to our class, not pubic.
The tool we will use is called hypothes.is, and the directions below are how to install it on your personal computer.
Questions? email me at email@example.com
2. Navigate to https://web.hypothes.is/
3. Select “Create a Free Account”
- Please create an account name that is what you you choose to be called in class, both first and last name.
- Your name and your comments will be private on the web. Only our class will see your name and comments.
- Please do NOT use initials, such as DJN, or use a pseudonym, such as working_in_bloomington.
- We need to know who made comments, so using the name you use in college is important, first and last.
- Feel free to use your everyday name, not your legal name, such as Lily instead of Amelia or Abdi instead of Abdirahim.
4. Create a hypothes.is account with a name that you will use in our class.
5. If using the Chrome browser, select Chrome Extension
6. Add to Chrome
Some PSEO students using K–12 school-issued laptops may need to request your high school IT department allow you to install extension. Some high-school laptops allow extensions.
7. Select “Add”