For this week you get to chose your readings (and there will be no quiz on the readings you choose.)
- Your period is the 20th century, 1900-2000.
- Three readings around a theme you find important in the 20th century.
- Your readings should cover more than one region of the world.
- One reading from Credo Reference. These are paragraph introductions to lots of different subjects.
- One reading from a historical database housed at the Normandale Library.
- One reading from the open web. Atlas Obscura and major newspapers are good places to look.
- All sources must be credible based on a SIFT analysis.
Examples of Themes
Access to water (rivers, damns, farming, drinking water)
Advances or declines in medicine
The rise or retreat in commitment to democracy
Post-colonial movements after World War 2
The use of technology in communication
Competing economic systems