History Bootcamp II Assignment: Source Analysis
From 20,000 BCE to 2,000 BCE- how do we know what we know? ### 1. In this assignment, you will look at several primary sources and review several secondary sources, comparing the strengths and weaknesses of each type of source.
- For this assignment, you\'ll need to review the picture of the Pyramids of Caral, the pictures in the article on Prehistoric Europe, and the article on Human Migration out of Africa.
- Once you\'ve reviewed these sources, you will answer the questions below in a text document, posting your document to the History Bootcamp II Assignment Assignment Submission Folder on D2L.
2. Learning Objectives
By the end of this student, students will be able to:
- Correctly identify historical sources as primary or secondary.
- Demonstrate a command of when humans moved into world continents, within 5,000 years.
- Demonstrate the ability to compose in basic Markdown syntax.
- Demonstrate the ability to properly use a quotation with an appropriate citation.
- Form a historical thesis about the place of art in pre-historic human history.
3. In complete sentences, please answer the following questions.
- Which of the three sources (Caral, Europe, Africa) contain primary sources and which sources contain secondary sources?
- About when did the last great Ice Age end?
- Around when did the first Homo Sapiens start migrating out of Africa?
- If you had to offer an thesis about the people of Caral, based only on the picture in the article, what would your argue? (A thesis is an opinion backed by evidence.)
- Of these sources, do you find the primary sources (pictures) or the secondary sources more useful for understanding the past? Why?
- If you were writing a novel about prehistoric humans, which source would you use? Why? Use a quotation from a secondary source and insert in into your Markdown document with the  and 1 format.
- Correctly identified historical sources as primary or secondary.
- Demonstrated a command of when humans moved into world continents, within 5,000 years.
- Demonstrated the ability to compose in basic Markdown syntax.
- Demonstrated the ability to properly use a quotation with an appropriate citation.
- Formed a historical thesis about the place of art in pre-historic human history.